Sunday 25 January 2015

Snow in Groningen

At last! It has snowed here in Groningen! Only a few inches and most traces are already gone after 24 hours, but still. Waking up on Saturday morning to see snow outside was just magical. I'm not sure why seeing freshly fallen snow turns me into a five year old, but there we are. After spending years in Colorado where the snow can be on the ground for five months or more, I might be asking myself why I even still find fascination with the white stuff. I think I still find the transformative aspect of it appealing. I didn't have to go anywhere, which certainly helped in finding it delightful. Here are some photos from Saturday morning in the city centre:

Grote Markt
Look out, these fruits are frosty!

Vismarkt
Martinikerkhof


Provinciehuis


No comments:

Post a Comment